2.5.09

President Willman Awards Presidents Cup to Reading

READING, PA. September 1, 1912 - In a somewhat awkward moment, William Willman, president of the United League and owner of the champion Reading Reds, awarded the Presidents Cup to manager Rube Coffee, the twenty-five Reading players, and himself.

"I hereby declare the Reading Reds the winners of the 1912 Presidents Cup, and would like to present the Presidents Cup trophy to manager Rube Coffee, the twenty-five Reading ballplayers, and, well...myself," he said laughing.

As he handed the trophy over to Rube Coffee, the two embraced in celebration of their terrific season.

"I'd like to thank Mr. Willman for giving me a shot to lead this team. A huge thank you to the players, the fans, everyone that's a part of this organization. Also, the seven other teams. They were all a great challenge and I look forward to facing off against them again next year."

No comments:

Post a Comment