26.6.09

Brooklyn's Gough to Miss Season, Titans Take Big Lead

BROOKLYN, NY. July 28, 1918 - "I'm frustrated right now," said Brooklyn second baseman Mat Gough. "I can't help this team by sitting on the bench or in the training room." Unfortunately for the Titans, that's where he will be spending the next 5-6 weeks. Gough suffered a torn ligament in his thumb in today's game against Newark while colliding with a player at a base. "Believe me," he said, "I won't be out a day longer than I have to be."

A look at his 1918 stats shows Gough with a .311 average, 2 home runs, 38 RBIs and 55 runs scored. He has played in 99 games.

The Titans will miss him, but have been playing extremely well. They have overtaken the Newark Peppers and now have a 10 game lead over the second place club. They've won eight of their last ten.

No comments:

Post a Comment